Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall 2011 Knitting Mags - Part ONE

OK, I know I'm late.....so let's get this show on the road.  I need to post my report on Plus Size Knitting Patterns from Fall 2011 magazines while they are still on the shelf!!  ACK!

I'm gonna start off by showing the largest patterns I found, after my 4 hour magazine perusal.

In my last report, I congratulated Interweave Knits and Knitting Today for their patterns which fit up to a 59 inch chest!  You can read about that here: http://knittingplus.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-2011-knitting-magazines.html

Time to show you the REST of the winners!

Sandra Knit Trends - No. 3
Sandra Knit Trends
This issue contains a knitting pattern for a Striped Slipstitch Tunic, which goes up to size 26/28.  (Keep in mind that this is German sizing)

Isn't it pretty?   Now, I'm thinking that the slip stitches might make the fabric draw in a bit, so the project will DEFINITELY require a good sized gauge swatch.
Striped Slipstitch Tunic


Our next big size winner is
Knitscene (Fall 2011)
Knitscene Fall 2011

In that issue, you'll find the Charlemont Cardigan - fits up to a 57" chest!

Charlemont Cardigan

Interweave Knits (Fall 2011) wins again with a large sized men's cardigan.  Yay!
The Canyon Cardigan fits up to a 56 1/2" chest!

Canyon Cardigan

And here are FIVE patterns from Knitscene (Fall 2011), that fit up to a 54" chest.  Nice!

The Pinstripe Pullover

Pinstripe Pullover

Cooke Cardigan

Cooke Cardigan

Morrison Cardigan

Morrison Cardi

Cornsilk Pullover

Cornsilk Pullover


and Lowry Pullover

Lowry Pullover


There!  That will give you a few patterns and magazines to drool over for a while. :)

Stay tuned for the next report, which will contain patterns I found that fit up to a 53" chest.  There's even a skirt that will fit up to a 53" hip!

Talk soon, my friends.

No comments: